Re: Running on R4k/R3k Indigo

To: Achim Hensel <>
Subject: Re: Running on R4k/R3k Indigo
From: James Lemke <>
Date: 21 Mar 2003 15:00:52 -0500
On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 17:48, Achim Hensel wrote:
> Hello, folks (of both lists)
> I recently got both an R4k and an R3k SGI Indigo.
> I know, none of them is supported at the moment.
> So, I want to try to change that.
> I hadn't started yet, but every help is appreciated.
> CU,
>       Achim
> P.S.: This was posted to both lists, as I don't know, which OS
> has the better starting point for my computers.
Hi Achim,
I'm also thinking about porting Linux to an R3K Indigo.
So I'm curious --
Did you get any response to your post on or
Have you made any progress yet?

Jim Lemke   Barrie, Ontario
1986 Concours, COG #2637    1992 ST1100, STOC #3750
Those who dance are considered insane
by those who can't hear the music.  George Carlin