linux/mips on simos

To: "'linux-mips@linux-mips.org'" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: linux/mips on simos
From: Zhang Fuxin <fxzhang@ict.ac.cn>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:47:17 -0500
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
hi,
Recently i am working on stanford SIMOS and trying to make it
run linux/mips kernel.

I've managed to run debian-mips root disk on it now. Work includes
adding a serial device simulation to simos,hack around memory/io
address mapping and adapt a linux/mips kernel for simos.

Many powerful features are to be brought back. I am struggling with
SIMOS symbol handling for ELF kernels. The backdoor,data collection
etc. need check too. I would be very glad if anybody here is willing to
help.

The main purpose of my work is to provide a studying environment for people
who want to learn something about linux/mips but without corresponding
hardware at hand. There are more and more such people in China, and I
am a member of a free orgnization that want to help them.

I believe SIMOS will be helpful for linux/mips kernel developing too.