Re: (usagi-users 02268) Re: Usagi kernel for MIPS target

To: usagi-users@linux-ipv6.org
Subject: Re: (usagi-users 02268) Re: Usagi kernel for MIPS target
From: "Santosh " <ipv6_san@rediffmail.com>
Date: 12 Mar 2003 11:43:09 -0000
Cc: "KUNITAKE Koichi" <kunitake@linux-ipv6.org>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
thanks.
i followed the give steps.

When it comes to mips specific code, i get a string of errors.
pls go through the file attached.

TIA.

-Santosh
---------------------------------

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 KUNITAKE Koichi wrote :
I think you cant use "xconfig" on Cross-compiling env, please edit linux24/Makefile and use "make config". After all, please exec following
commands.

$ make config
$ make dep; make clean; make zImage

On 12 Mar 2003 08:49:46 -0000
"Santosh " <ipv6_san@rediffmail.com> wrote:

>i tried compiling this way
>
># make ARCH=mips xconfig
>i get
>ERROR - Attempting to write value for unconfigured variable
>(CONFIG_VTAG_ICACHE)
>ERROR - Attempting to write value for unconfigured variable
>(CONFIG_BINFMT_ELF32)
>ERROR - Attempting to write value for unconfigured variable
>(CONFIG_SERIAL)
>ERROR - Attempting to write value for unconfigured variable
>(CONFIG_RTC)
>
>Don't know what's wrong.
>I have configured for MIPS Malta (Experimental) board
>
>then i did # make ARCH=mips dep
>
>finally # make ARCH=mips CROSS_COMPILE=mipsel-linux-
>
>Now i get
>binfmt_elf.c: In function 'load_elf_interp':
>binfmt_elf.c:278: 'EF_MIPS_ABI2' undeclared
>binfmt_elf.c:278: 'EF_MIPS_ABI' undeclared
>make[2]:Leaving directory '/home/user/usagi/kernel/linux24/fs'
>make:***[_dir_fs]Error 2
>
>Is Usagi stable on MIPS Malta board ??
>Pls tell me what's wrong.
>
>-Santosh