Kernel Debugging on the DBAu1500

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Kernel Debugging on the DBAu1500
From: Jeff Baitis <baitisj@evolution.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 18:53:45 -0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi all:

I've been trying to get a kernel debugger running on my AMD DBAu1500.  It boots
up over a serial console. I enable "Remote GDB kernel debugging," and "Console
output to GDB."

Here's what I tell YAMON to do:

    go . gdb gdbttyS=0 gdbbaud=115200

And on my x86 machine, I:

    stty ispeed 115200 ospeed 115200 < /dev/ttyS1

    /opt/hardhat/devkit/mips/fp_le/bin/mips_fp_le-gdb vmlinux
    (gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS1

GDB seems not to communicate. Here's what it says:

    Ignoring packet error, continuing...
    Ignoring packet error, continuing...
    Ignoring packet error, continuing...
    Couldn't establish connection to remote target
    Malformed response to offset query, timeout

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-Jeff

--
         Jeffrey Baitis - Associate Software Engineer

                    Evolution Robotics, Inc.
                     130 West Union Street
                       Pasadena CA 91103

 tel: 626.535.2776  |  fax: 626.535.2777  |  baitisj@evolution.com