HIGMEM and boot ROM

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: HIGMEM and boot ROM
From: Alexandr Andreev <andreev@niisi.msk.ru>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 15:12:49 +0000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi.
As i understand, MIPS Linux does not support DISCONTIGMEM yet.
But what I have to do, if my MIPS32 station has more than 512 Mb of
physical ram. I can set HIGMEM for my station, but how can I
avoid boot ROM region, which is at 0x1FC00000. I can avoid these
4Mbytes of memory in memory allocation routines, but I suppose that
there are some better solutions in MIPS linux. How do other MIPSes work?

Thanks in advance.