Re: The MIPS' statement on R_MIPS_PC16 relocations

To: Dominic Sweetman <dom@mips.com>
Subject: Re: The MIPS' statement on R_MIPS_PC16 relocations
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:57:48 +0100
Cc: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>, Linux-MIPS <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>, Mike Uhler <uhler@mips.com>, "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>, Nigel Stephens <nigel@mips.com>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 09:10:53AM +0000, Dominic Sweetman wrote:

> The existing definition is nonsense - I won't guess how it happened,
> but there's no reason to keep it.  Thiemo has MIPS Technologies'
> thanks and blessing in making this change.  Please let our Nigel
> Stephens know when it's done (mailto:nigel@mips.com) and he'll
> double-check it.
>
> I'm sure you'll put comments in the code noting that this is different
> from the document.
>
> There's a more tricky question, which is how we're going to document
> this.  I'm currently trying to create a more user-friendly (and
> accurate) ABI document, but had not yet got to the relocation types...

I think for the moment all typo fixed version of the old ABI document would
already be great - and producable at minimal effort.

In the longer run I'd be happy to see the 32-bit and 64-bit ABI documents
unified as it was already happening on www.mipsabi.org when the site and
the MIPS ABI group was shutdown; I think I did save the few bits I was
able to save.

Btw - www.mipsabi.org is on air again.  But this time it's a porn site.  I
may be tolerant but imho that's really a trademark case for the lawyers.