Re: The MIPS' statement on R_MIPS_PC16 relocations

To: Dominic Sweetman <>
Subject: Re: The MIPS' statement on R_MIPS_PC16 relocations
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:57:48 +0100
Cc: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>, Linux-MIPS <>, Mike Uhler <>, "Kevin D. Kissell" <>, Nigel Stephens <>
On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 09:10:53AM +0000, Dominic Sweetman wrote:

> The existing definition is nonsense - I won't guess how it happened,
> but there's no reason to keep it.  Thiemo has MIPS Technologies'
> thanks and blessing in making this change.  Please let our Nigel
> Stephens know when it's done ( and he'll
> double-check it.
> I'm sure you'll put comments in the code noting that this is different
> from the document.
> There's a more tricky question, which is how we're going to document
> this.  I'm currently trying to create a more user-friendly (and
> accurate) ABI document, but had not yet got to the relocation types...

I think for the moment all typo fixed version of the old ABI document would
already be great - and producable at minimal effort.

In the longer run I'd be happy to see the 32-bit and 64-bit ABI documents
unified as it was already happening on when the site and
the MIPS ABI group was shutdown; I think I did save the few bits I was
able to save.

Btw - is on air again.  But this time it's a porn site.  I
may be tolerant but imho that's really a trademark case for the lawyers.