RE: MIPS Malta board Linux installation

To: "'ZhouY.external@infineon.com'" <ZhouY.external@infineon.com>, ncrook <ncrook@micron.com>
Subject: RE: MIPS Malta board Linux installation
From: ncrook <ncrook@micron.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:59:32 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hmm. The kernel is very old. (2.2). I suggest you grab something like
2.4.18 or later.. you don't need the root filesystem yet, just the kernel.
The fact that the LED display doesn't start scrolling indicates something
is going wrong quite early on.

suggestions:

- grab a mips-malta kernel version 2.4.18 or later
- try flipping your machine to Little Endian and try a little-endian
  kernel (shouldn't make any difference)

after that, time to read the source...

Neal.