Re: How can I the flash memory of MIPS Malta board in my application?

To: ZhouY.external@infineon.com
Subject: Re: How can I the flash memory of MIPS Malta board in my application?
From: "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill@realitydiluted.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:37:59 -0600
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
ZhouY.external@infineon.com wrote:

    I want to save some test data inside the flash memory of MIPS Malta
board, and later access these test data from my application. How can I do
that? If you know the clue about it, please drop me a line. Thanks in advance!

Well, I have not worked with the Malta board, yet. I will assume
the flash is standard NOR flash accessible through a sane memory
mapping. You should probably use the MTD layer and then you can
use the character or block devices to access your data. I would
guess you should use the Physically Mapped MTD driver. The MTD
web page is (http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/). Cheers.

-Steve