Re: Change -mcpu option for VR41xx

To: Yoichi Yuasa <yoichi_yuasa@montavista.co.jp>
Subject: Re: Change -mcpu option for VR41xx
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:07:21 +0100 (MET)
Cc: ralf@linux-mips.org, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Yoichi Yuasa wrote:

> >  Ah, I see how it happens now -- "-mipsN" has a higher priority than
> > "-mcpu=" (but lower than "-march=") so in this case "-mips2" overrides
> > "-mcpu=vr4100".  How about:
> >
> > GCCFLAGS    += -mcpu=vr4100 -Wa,--trap
> >
> > then?
>
> That is fine.
> However, the following warning is displayed.
>
> Warning: The -mcpu option is deprecated.  Please use -march and -mtune
> instead.

 Does is disappear with "-m4100"?  That would be strange.  And "-mcpu=" is
indeed deprecated, but it works for most versions and "-march=" and
"-mtune=" are too new to be used by everyone.  But as I wrote, we will end
with a test for these options eventually as "-mcpu=" is already removed
from the trunk.  As a result the warning will disappear.