Re: fixup_bigphys_addr and DBAu1500 dev board

To: Pete Popov <>
Subject: Re: fixup_bigphys_addr and DBAu1500 dev board
From: Jeff Baitis <>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:54:53 -0800
Yes, the DBAu1500 board does not have CardBus support. We want to support
802.11A/G, so at the moment I have a 3.3V PCI card with a Texas Instruments
1510 CardBus bridge. A lot of modern wireless cards are CardBus-only, so that's
why we have decided to incorporate the TI bridge into our boards.

If someone out there has some notes or tips concerning getting PCMCIA working
under this architecture, I would greatly appreciate the information.

Take care, and thanks again!

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 09:46:24AM -0800, Pete Popov wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 19:50, Jeff Baitis wrote:
> > Dan & Pete:
> >
> > Thank you very much for your help!
> >
> > I've patched things up, and my kernel runs, but the yenta_socket kernel
> > module
> > still locks the system. Time to break out GDB and take a look at everything!
> > Please let me know if ya'll have some suggestions. :*)
> yenta socket? There's no hardware on the board to support this.
> pcmcia is always a pain in the neck to setup, but it does work on the Db
> and Pb boards cause I very recently tested it. Note that I've tested it
> only as a module though. The defconfig-db1500 in already
> has pcmcia support turned on. The socket driver module you'll end up
> with is drivers/pcmcia/au1x00_ss.o. That's the module you want to load.
> Note also that there is a small patch in my directory for pcmcia.
> I've tested wireless cards in the past, but not recently. Recently I've
> tested ata cards only. You might want to start with that as proof that
> you have everything else working.
> > After the 36-bit PCI patch, I had to alter include/asm-mips/io.h in order to
> > get drivers/net/wireless to compile. Preprocessor expansion of outw_p in the
> > hermes.h -> hermes_enable_interrupt and hermes_set_irqmask inline functions
> > caused some issues; I hope this patch is of some use!
> Only if Ralf applies it :)
> Pete

         Jeffrey Baitis - Associate Software Engineer

                    Evolution Robotics, Inc.
                     130 West Union Street
                       Pasadena CA 91103

 tel: 626.535.2776  |  fax: 626.535.2777  |