RE: Kernel 2.4.20

To: "Thiemo Seufer" <ica2_ts@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject: RE: Kernel 2.4.20
From: "jeff" <jeff_lee@coventive.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:46:55 +0800
Cc: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Dear Thiemo,
    We modified the head.S and the kernel_entry change to 0x80000798
(check from System.map) and we download this kernel to RAM address
0x80000000 and jump to 0x8000798 to execute. It show EXCEPTION...
And our bootloader will not handle ELF file format. But after build the kernel
image, we got two image, vmlinux and vmlinux.binary. vmlinux is FLE file
format and vmlinux.binary is only data (check by file). We download
vmlinux.binary to test.

Regards,

Jeff