Re: Re: Re: (no subject)

To: "Randy.Dunlap" <rddunlap@osdl.org>
Subject: Re: Re: Re: (no subject)
From: "santosh kumar gowda" <ipv6_san@rediffmail.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2003 05:27:04 -0000
Cc: macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl, netdev@oss.sgi.com, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 Randy.Dunlap wrote :

> On Sat, 22 Feb 2003 Maciej W. Rozycki wrote :
>>On 21 Feb 2003, santosh kumar gowda wrote:
>>
>> > Following message is produced at the IAD terminal.....
>> >
>> > # Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address
>> > 00000000, epc == 802
>> > 4ce74, ra == 802592a8
>> > Oops in fault.c:do_page_fault, line 172:
>>[...]
>> > Suggestions/Tips are welcome.
>>
>>  Decode the oops first or nobody will be able to give any
>>help.
>
> how do i decode the oops ??? help pls.

Please see linux/REPORTING-BUGS and
linux/Documentation/oops-tracing.txt .
The latter will tell you how to use use 'ksymoops'
to decode an oops message.

The Embedded Linux running on my MIPS based device has following cmds...

kallsyms  kill      killall   klogd     ksyms

Also, Flash ROM of the device is loaded with kernel and filesystem images. so it not possible for me to browse through the source code.

-San