Re: Ramdisk image on flash.

To: krishnakumar@naturesoft.net
Subject: Re: Ramdisk image on flash.
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Date: 20 Feb 2003 10:27:27 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org, Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 22:05, Krishnakumar. R wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way that I can keep
> a ramdisk image (containing the root filesystem)
> in a flash device and boot to it.

Yes, and other architectures have support for passing arguments to the
kernel that tell it where the ramdisk is. I don't know that we've done
that for MIPS, yet.  It wouldn't be too hard to do and maybe someone on
this list is already working on it (I think someone actually is working
on it and was preparing a patch for Ralf).

> The ramdisk should be separate from the kernel image.

Pete