Re: [patch] VR4181A and SMVR4181A

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: [patch] VR4181A and SMVR4181A
From: Julian Scheel <jscheel@activevb.de>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:20:47 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

Am Samstag, 15. Februar 2003 16:22 schrieb Kunihiko IMAI:
> I met this error, too.  This means that your assembler didn't
> recognize the instruction 'standby'.
>
> To escape this error, quick and dirty method, replace 'standby' with 'cop0
> 0x21'.  These means same instruction.

This don't helps for me. I get the same error, but with "cop00x21" instead of
standby.
I think it has something to do with the compiler options.
I use -mcpu=r4600 -mips2 -Wa,--trap, which is set for VR41xx CPU. But standby
seems to be a special option, not supported by r4600/mips2.
What compiler-options do you use?

--
Grüße,
Julian