memcpy embedded in gcc?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: memcpy embedded in gcc?
From: Long Li <long21st@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:07:57 -0800 (PST)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

I am using a gcc 3.0.4 MIPS crosscompiler on Redhat. I
found something interesting: when I use specifly -O1
for compilation, and I can use memcpy function even I
did not tell the compiler where I declard it or define
it. However, when I specify -O0, then the compiler
tells me undefined reference to this memcpy function.
So my questions are:

1. Is memcpy a built-in function for gcc? But why not
for optimization level 0?

2. Besides memcpy, is there any other functions built
in too?

Thanks a lot!

Long