Kernel from CVS won't boot

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Kernel from CVS won't boot
From: Kumba12345@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:41:13 EST
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
       I've built a kernel from linux-mips CVS (2.4 branch), yet this kernel
refuses to boot on my Indigo2 machine.  I get to the PROM monitor, type in
"boot -f 2420_2" (what I named the kernel in the volume header), and it just
stops doing anything and sits there.  The light on the front of my case
starts flashing, indicating I believe a panic of some kind.

       Any ideas on what may be possible causes of this?  I'm booting my
kernels from the volume header directly.  If configs are needed, I can
provide them.

--Kumba