hidden bug in 32 bit kernel ejtag

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: hidden bug in 32 bit kernel ejtag
From: Greg Lindahl <lindahl@keyresearch.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:29:39 -0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
While inspecting the 2.4 cvs kernel, I saw that arch/mips/kernel/head.S
does not have a .align for ejtag_debug_buffer -- just a ".fill 4".
The alignment happens to be correct, I guess since it's the first
.data segment item in the file, but anyone rearranging the code could
trigger a misalignment, which causes an unaligned trap inside an
exception... try debugging that one. (OK, I got lucky...)

The 64 bit cvs kernel doesn't yet have this ejtag stuff in it. 2.5
looks the same as 2.4.

-- greg