Re: Porting an application to mips-linux

To: Gilad Benjamini <yaelgilad@myrealbox.com>
Subject: Re: Porting an application to mips-linux
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 17:51:12 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 07:07:05AM +0000, Gilad Benjamini wrote:

> I have a source level application, ~10 c files, standard stuff, mostly
> sockets.
> I'd like it to run on my mips-linux platform.
> I guess my changes should mostly be in the Makefile.
> What should they be ?
> Any simple example I can use ?

A normal application simply needs to be recompiled; if you're crosscompiling
the application you just have to set the CC,LD etc. variables to the
crosscompiler tools instead of the native tools.  If you're doing
native builds no changes at all should be necessary.  At least that's the
general procedure.