which kernel tree for Au1500?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: which kernel tree for Au1500?
From: Bruno Randolf <br1@4g-systems.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:34:01 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
hello,

we are developing a board based on the Au1500 SOC and we need to adapt the
linux kernel for it. since we need something working soon, we will
concentrate on the 2.4 version.

so i wanted to ask which kernel tree is recommended for the Au1x00 chipset.
i've found the tree on http://linux-mips.sourceforge.net/ and the 2_4 branch
of linux-mips.org look most promising, but they have various differences,
most obvious the hyd1100/ directory on sf and the db1x00/ directory on
linux-mips. another significant difference is that the sf version has power
management support and that linux-mips supports one more PHY in au1000_eth.c.

how is kernel work for mips organized?

many thanks,
bruno