Specify the as path when gcc runs

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Specify the as path when gcc runs
From: Long Li <long21st@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 18:41:53 -0800 (PST)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

Is there a way that I can specify the path for 'as' on
the fly when I use gcc? I have a MIPS cross compiler
xgcc on Redhat 7.1. However, in the Makefile, I use
both the native compiler as well as the crosscompiler.
They both search the path to find the as to use, which
is incorrect. I don't want to rebuild the
crosscompiler to specify the path for as using
--with-as=pathname, and wonder if I can specify the as
path for the crosscompiler on the fly?

Thanks a lot!

Long