Re: kernel boot error.

To: Jason Ormes <>
Subject: Re: kernel boot error.
From: Andrew Clausen <>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:14:44 +1100
On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 07:12:28PM -0600, Jason Ormes wrote:
> Its an ip27 origin 200 with what hinv -v reports as a
> adapter IOC3 Rev 1, (pci id 2)
>         controller multi function SuperIO
>         controller Ethernet Rev 1
> I did a little searching online
> an found a
> lot of references to origins having problems with the autonegotiation timing
> out to fast, but the only fix that I've found has to do with editing part of
> the kernel.  here's a link to one that I found.
> could this be part of the problem?

I doubt it.  This problem is a PCI bus issue.  I'm still
investigating... but it could be a multitude of things.
Have a look in mips/sgi-ip27/ip27-pci.c at all the functions
with "fixup" in their name.  Things like byte-swapping, configuring
IO addresses, etc.  I suspect we need something like this for
other cards.