Re: kernel boot error.

To: Andrew Clausen <clausen@melbourne.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: kernel boot error.
From: Jason Ormes <jormes@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 19:12:28 -0600
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Its an ip27 origin 200 with what hinv -v reports as a

adapter IOC3 Rev 1, (pci id 2)
        controller multi function SuperIO
        controller Ethernet Rev 1

I did a little searching online
anhttp://www.scd.ucar.edu/nets/docs/procs/SGI-100mbps/SGI-auto.htmld found a
lot of references to origins having problems with the autonegotiation timing
out to fast, but the only fix that I've found has to do with editing part of
the kernel.  here's a link to one that I found.
http://www.scd.ucar.edu/nets/docs/procs/SGI-100mbps/SGI-auto.html

could this be part of the problem?

Thanks for the quick response, atleast I know I'm not alone.
Jason