Re: Is the CVS server down?

To: Tibor Polgar <tpolgar@freehandsystems.com>
Subject: Re: Is the CVS server down?
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 03:29:56 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 11:44:11AM -0800, Tibor Polgar wrote:

> > cvs -d :pserver:cvs@ftp.linux-mips.org:/home/cvs login
> Logging in to :pserver:cvs@ftp.linux-mips.org:2401/home/cvs
> CVS password:
> cvs [login aborted]: connect to ftp.linux-mips.org(62.254.210.162):2401
> failed: Connection refused
> >

> Per the website i'm using the password of "cvs" (without quotes).  Is it just
> our site/firewall?

No.  A remote exploitable security hole has been discovered in the cvs
server code so I had to shutdown the server temporarily.  The service is
back since the whole hole has been plugged.

As for firewalls I'd like to mention that linux-mips.org is running with
ECN enabled.  That means sites still running broken firewalls such as
certain versions of the Cisco PIX may experience problems when using
certain linux-mips.org services such as active mode ftp and email.  Time
to upgrade the firewall, fixed versions are out since long and ECN has
become the law ...