Re: sigset_t32 broken?

To: Andrew Clausen <>
Subject: Re: sigset_t32 broken?
From: Vivien Chappelier <>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 10:59:29 +0100 (CET)
Cc: Ralf Baechle <>,
On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Andrew Clausen wrote:

> Shouldn't those two long's be replaced with u64 and u32
> respectively?  Is the second struct really meant to be twice the
> size the first?

They should be the same size, otherwise sys32_rt_sigsuspend and
sys32_rt_sigaction will return EINVAL. As the comment says:
/* XXX: Don't preclude handling different sized sigset_t's.  */

I've posted a patch to fix that earlier this month (Monday 13 Jan
2003 "[2.5 PATCH] signal handling").

BTW, anyone working on mips64 2.5 kernel should have a look at my patch
set (
for patches named "linux-mips-*.diff" as they might be relevant for other
machines than just the O2, and the more they are tested the better. A
README is provided to explain briefly what they (try to) fix.