Re: Linux kernel for MIPS architecture

To: "Krishnakumar. R" <krishnakumar@naturesoft.net>
Subject: Re: Linux kernel for MIPS architecture
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:45:17 +0100 (MET)
Cc: santosh kumar gowda <ipv6_san@rediffmail.com>, Linux/MIPS Development <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Krishnakumar. R wrote:
> Change the following in the top level makefile
>
> CROSS_COMPILE=mipsel-linux-
> ARCH=mips

Or always say `make CROSS_COMPILE=mipsel-linux- ARCH=mips' instead of `make'.

> And change the link
> include/asm
> of the top directory to point to
> the asm-mips there.

Changing the link is not necessay. `make config' will do that for you.

> Then try configuring and compiling the kernel
> as usual.

> On Tuesday 21 January 2003 10:00 am, you wrote:
> > I want to compile the entire Linux Kernel 2.4.20
> > for MIPS architecture.

And most probably you'll want to use the kernel source tree from Linux/MIPS
CVS, not the one on ftp.kernel.org.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds