Re: insmod failure: "Unhandled relocation" errors

To: "Gilad Benjamini" <gilad@riverhead.com>
Subject: Re: insmod failure: "Unhandled relocation" errors
From: Keith Owens <kaos@ocs.com.au>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:34:33 +1100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:06:46 +0200,
"Gilad Benjamini" <gilad@riverhead.com> wrote:
>I've built,compiled and ran successfully a 64 bit kernel on my
>mips64 platform. Kernel was compiled with support for 32 bit binaries.
>
>I am now trying to insert a module, a standard module from
>the kernel tree, and get lots of errors such as:
>"Unhandled relocation of type 18 for"

Type 18 is R_MIPS_64.  modutils does not support 64 bit mips
at all, nobody has sent me any code to handle this architecture.

modutils needs obj/obj_mips64.c.  The config and makefiles have to be
tweaked to handle mips64, including combined 32/64 bit code, as for
sparc32/sparc64.  Does anybody who knows mips64 feel like contributing
the modutils code?