Re: Decstation 5000/25 with no TFTP

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: Decstation 5000/25 with no TFTP
From: Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:00:53 +0100
Cc: Justin Pauley <jpauley@xwizards.com>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 09:27:04AM +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Justin Pauley wrote:
>
> > I have a Decstation 5000/25 that I would like to install Linux onto.
> > However, because this particular firmware won't allow any TFTP transfers
> > over a meg I cannot find a solution. The decstation has ethernet and has
[SNIP]
>  You can use MOP to boot Linux (and probably any other) ELF images using
> mopd running on a Linux server.  I haven't heard of any DECstation model

As mopd requires an ELF image and the offical Debian netboot images
are tftpimages in ECOFF, you should try using MOP with

http://people.debian.org/~merker/experimental_packages/bf-pre3.0.24-20021224/unpacked/mopimage-r3k-kn02

As URL for getting kernel and modules give

http://people.debian.org/~merker/experimental_packages/bf-pre3.0.24-20021224/unpacked/

to the installer. These are installer images built from the Debian
"boot-floppies" CVS and contain an important fix regarding the Personal
DECstation series, which is not in the last official release.

HTH,
Karsten
--
#include <standard_disclaimer>