Re: Decstation 5000/25 with no TFTP

Subject: Re: Decstation 5000/25 with no TFTP
From: Karsten Merker <>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:00:53 +0100
Cc: Justin Pauley <>
On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 09:27:04AM +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Justin Pauley wrote:
> > I have a Decstation 5000/25 that I would like to install Linux onto.
> > However, because this particular firmware won't allow any TFTP transfers
> > over a meg I cannot find a solution. The decstation has ethernet and has
>  You can use MOP to boot Linux (and probably any other) ELF images using
> mopd running on a Linux server.  I haven't heard of any DECstation model

As mopd requires an ELF image and the offical Debian netboot images
are tftpimages in ECOFF, you should try using MOP with

As URL for getting kernel and modules give

to the installer. These are installer images built from the Debian
"boot-floppies" CVS and contain an important fix regarding the Personal
DECstation series, which is not in the last official release.

#include <standard_disclaimer>