unaligned handler problem

To: linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: unaligned handler problem
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Date: 03 Jan 2003 02:29:22 -0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
The changes betwen rev 1.23 and 1.24 in unaligned.c, to replace
check_axs() with verify_area(), causes any unaligned access from within
a kernel module to crash. access_ok() returns -EFAULT as the
__access_mask is 0xffffffff so __access_ok evaluates to > 0.  It's too
late for me to look into it any further but perhaps the problem will be
obvious to someone else. I'm not sure what get_fs() should return in
this case (again, the access is from within a kernel module) but it
returns 0xffffffff.

Pete