RE: need help - malta board mips5kc

To: "'amit lubovsky'" <amit_lubovsky@yahoo.com>, <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: RE: need help - malta board mips5kc
From: "Mike Connors" <mike.connors@ghs.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:08:40 -0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I've been doing some relative work with the Green
Hills probe and a Malta 4kc.  The configuration of
the kernel I am using requires parameters to be
passed in to the kernel to tell it were to find
the root device (ie root=/dev/hda1).  To make things
simple, I would load using YAMON, connect with the
debugger, then set a breakpoint in a section of
the kernel I was interested in, then run using the
YAMON command go . root=/dev/hda1.  I plan to eventually
figure out where it is being written to memory and just
write it myself after downloading the image through
the probe.

There are many other issues you might run into when
using Linux with a probe.  We have updated the GHS
probe firmware to behave nicely with Linux.  This
helps when debugging loadable device drivers, etc.
I will forward your email to our Linux integration
engineers to see what other issues you might run into.
They have more experience with the Malta 5kc.

Regards,
Mike
---
Mike Connors                    Green Hills Software, San Clemente
Field Applications Engineer     131 Avenida Victoria
mailto:mikec@ghs.com            San Clemente, CA  92672
phone: 1-949-369-3950
cell:  1-949-412-3951           fax: 1-949-369-3959

Latest GHS news:
Green Hills Software's INTEGRITYR RTOS Flies In F-16 Fighter Jet
http://www.ghs.com/news/221220f.html

Green Hills Software Inc.       phone:  1-805-965-6044
30 West Sola Street             toll-free: 1-800-765-GREEN (4733)
Santa Barbara, CA 93101         Tech-Support: 1-877-GHS-TECH (447-8324)
http://www.ghs.com              Email Support: mailto:support@ghs.com