Re: need help - malta board mips5kc

To: "amit lubovsky" <amit_lubovsky@yahoo.com>, <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: need help - malta board mips5kc
From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:01:55 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I don't know the Lauterback tool at all, so I can
only suggest two possible things to worry about.
One would be that the debugger is making use of
memory in a way that conflicts with the download
of the Linux image.  The other would be that the
Malta drivers very likely still assume that some
set up has been done by the on-board ROM
monitor (YAMON), and that perhaps your
setup isn't allowing that to happen.  But if you
really want some help diagnosing stuff, you need
to provide more information (like *which* Linux
image, whether YAMON is still booting up on
the board before you start your session, some
description of the failure mode more detailed than
"no success", etc, etc).