Re: Problems compiling MIPS64 kernel

To: Julian Scheel <jscheel@activevb.de>
Subject: Re: Problems compiling MIPS64 kernel
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 14:21:39 +0100 (MET)
Cc: linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, Julian Scheel wrote:

> after I got the mips-patched 2.4.20 kernel-sources now, I made a new try to
> compile my mips64-kernel.
> As compiler I am using the SDE-GCC (www.algor.co.uk). make menuconfig works
> well, but when I do "make vmlinux" I get following errors:
[...]
> /home/jscheel/Programmieren/cmms/mips-kernel/linux/include/linux/mm.h:335:
> `_MIPS_SZLONG' undeclared (first use in this function)
> make: *** [init/main.o] Error 1
>
> especially the line "#error Use a Linux compiler or give up" surprised me?!
> Can someone help me a bit?

 The configuration of your compiler is broken.  Gcc is supposed to always
define the _MIPS_SZLONG macro appropriately (in its specs file -- run
`sde-gcc -print-file-name=specs' to find the file's location), but yours
fails to.  The remaining errors result from the lack of a _MIPS_SZLONG
definition.