R_MIPS_26 etc.

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: R_MIPS_26 etc.
From: "yaelgilad" <yaelgilad@myrealbox.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:11:14 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Looking in the assembly code of my driver, I see the following
pattern repeating with every function call.
    4ce4: 0c000000  jal 0
      4ce4: R_MIPS_26 rx_wait_packet
(R_MIPS_26 is sometimes replaces by a similar command)
What is R_MIPS_26 ? What are the rest of them ?
I am guessing it has to do with relocatable addresses, but this specific
function is in the same C file. Marking it as "static" does change the code
and get rid of this command.

TIA
Gilad

P.S. I am building assembler files in two different methods:
- gmake <path-to-file>.lst
- mips-linux-odjdump -x -S <path-to-C-file>  > <path-to-file.lst>
The outputs are similar but not identical.
What's the more "correct" way ?
TIA-2