ret_from_sys_call in entry.S

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: ret_from_sys_call in entry.S
From: "atul srivastava" <atulsrivastava9@rediffmail.com>
Date: 6 Dec 2002 12:14:29 -0000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello ,

Excuse me for putting a tentative question.

I have a obscure problem of pagefault at unlikely address
that is pinned down to ret_from_sys_call called from
nopage_tlbl -> DO_FAULT -> ret_from_sys_call(nowdays ret_from excep-
tion) during execing userspace programmes.

also due to sone resons out of my control my working source tree
appears to be hacked too much.

I have one entry.S in linux 2.4.17 having top line like

/* $Id: entry.S,v 1.19 1999/12/08 22:05:10 harald Exp

with ret_from_sys_call like

EXPORT(ret_from_sys_call)
        MEASURED_CLI

        /* Check to see if the current task
         * needs to be resscheduled
         */
        lw      t2, TASK_NEED_RESCHED($28)
        nop
        bnez    t2, reschedule
        nop

and one entry.S in some earlier version of entry.S with top line
  /* $Id: entry.S,v 1.1.1.2 2001/04/30 10:53:58 carstenl Exp $

here the ret_from_sys_call is just Blank like this

EXPORT(ret_from_sys_call)

EXPORT(ret_from_irq)
                .type   ret_from_irq,@function

i am curently using this later one .
but i amn't able to follow the changes for ret_from_sys_call between these two versions.

Best Regards,
Atul

 NIIT supports World Computer Literacy Day on 2nd December.
 Enroll for NIIT SWIFT Jyoti till 2nd December for only Rs. 749
 and get free Indian Languages Office software worth Rs. 2500.
 For details contact your nearest NIIT centre, SWIFT Point
 or click here http://swift.rediff.com/