Re: cli/sti removal from wd33c93.c

To: Ralf Baechle <>, Marc Zyngier <>
Subject: Re: cli/sti removal from wd33c93.c
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:47:04 +0100 (MET)
Cc: Linux/m68k <>, Linux/MIPS Development <>
On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> Below are patches to replace cli/sti and accomplices from the WD33c93
> driver.  Who is currently the maintainer of this driver?  Ok to send to
> Linus?

Feel free to send it to Linus. Meanwhile I'll check it in in the m68k tree.

> 2.5 doesn't boot on MIPS yet so this patch is untested.  This patch gets
> it to build; it was written by Marc Zygnier and reviewed by me and we
> think it does the right thing.

To me it looks OK as well. Unfortunately I don't have wd33c93 hardware (except
in the old A500/A590, which doesn't run uClinux well/yet :-).

BTW, am I correct in assuming that the driver is broken on 2.4.x as well?
It looks like there are lots of paths in wd33c93_intr() where interrupts aren't
properly restored.

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds