Re: cli/sti removal from wd33c93.c

To: Geert Uytterhoeven <>
Subject: Re: cli/sti removal from wd33c93.c
From: Marc Zyngier <>
Date: 26 Nov 2002 13:52:52 +0100
Cc: Ralf Baechle <>, Linux/m68k <>, Linux/MIPS Development <>

Geert> BTW, am I correct in assuming that the driver is broken on
Geert> 2.4.x as well?  It looks like there are lots of paths in
Geert> wd33c93_intr() where interrupts aren't properly restored.

Indeed, it looks like being (very) broken. Although it has never
failed on my Indigo-2. Maybe interrupts get restored by luck, or these
paths are never taken...

I'll make a 2.4 patch when I'll have some time...

Places change, faces change. Life is so very strange.