Re: GRUB for MIPS?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: GRUB for MIPS?
From: Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:25:20 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 09:48:05AM -0800, James Anderson wrote:

> Has anyone ported GRUB to a mips target?   Is it feasible or does it

Not that I know of.

> not make sense?  Popular alternatives to load Linux from a local/remote
> filesystem?

Loaders depend on the target machine - we have DELO for booting
DECstations from Harddisk, ARCBoot for booting SGI IP22 (Indy and
Indigo2) from harddisk and tip22 to easily create netbootable images
for IP22. Besides that, I know of no bootloaders besides the ones
that the machine firmware implements.

HTH,
Karsten
--