watch exception only for kseg0 addresses..?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: watch exception only for kseg0 addresses..?
From: "atul srivastava" <atulsrivastava9@rediffmail.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2002 07:52:38 -0000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello,

I am trying to set a watch exception in (IDT RC32334) my debugging execise In arch/mips/lib/watch.S says "curremtly available only for KSEG0 address"

which is evident by following assembly..
                LEAF(__watch_set)
                li      t0,0x80000000
                subu    a0,t0
                ori     a0,7
                xori    a0,7
                or      a0,a1
                mtc0    a0,CP0_WATCHLO

it is loading the physical address of KSEG0 addresses in CP0 watchpoint register.

in change history of this file i am able to see KSEG0 restriction removed only for arch/mips64/lib/watch.S...

while my manual is not specific about KSEG0 , can i safely use it for all addresses ,offcourse then above assembly has to be modified appropiately for addresses of different regions..

Best Regards.
Ashish