Re: Origin 2000 installation

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: Origin 2000 installation
From: David Hansen <hansen@phys.ufl.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:00:09 -0500 (EST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> The Debian installer support Indys only so a bit of creativity will be
> required to get it to work, I fear.  At least Debian doesn't ship with
> Origin kernel images.

 Is there a preferred distribution/method for Origin installations?

> The good old trick of booting of NFS root, then transfering the NFS root
> stuff to local disk will work though.

 The system does currently have an IRIX installation on it, would it be
easier to use a NFS root method or is there a documented method for doing
this from an existing local IRIX environment?

> The Origin port is fairly broken in CVS right now but I'm fixing it
> currently.  I've posted patches here but let me know when you need the
> patches agains the latest CVS kernel.
>
> For now there are only mbox archives available on ftp.linux-mips.org
> in /pub/linux/mips/archives/linux-mips.org/linux-mips/

  Great, thanks alot for the reply and information. I'll check out the
mailing list archives today.

 -David