Re: Origin 2000 installation

To: David Hansen <hansen@phys.ufl.edu>
Subject: Re: Origin 2000 installation
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:41:19 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 12:17:43PM -0500, David Hansen wrote:

>  I am about to begin an attempt to install Linux onto an Origin 2000 (16p
> R10K 195MHz, IP27) and was curious as to whether or not there was any
> documentation geared specifically to an Origin installation (preferrably
> oriented towards Debian).

The Debian installer support Indys only so a bit of creativity will be
required to get it to work, I fear.  At least Debian doesn't ship with
Origin kernel images.

The good old trick of booting of NFS root, then transfering the NFS root
stuff to local disk will work though.

The Origin port is fairly broken in CVS right now but I'm fixing it
currently.  I've posted patches here but let me know when you need the
patches agains the latest CVS kernel.

> Also, is there a searchable archive of this
> mailing list so that I can search for old posts on the subject?

For now there are only mbox archives available on ftp.linux-mips.org
in /pub/linux/mips/archives/linux-mips.org/linux-mips/