Re: usb hotplug function with linux mips kernel

To: "Jun Sun" <jsun@mvista.com>
Subject: Re: usb hotplug function with linux mips kernel
From: "??" <kevin@gv.com.tw>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:25:13 +0800
Cc: "Ralf Baechle" <ralf@linux-mips.org>, "Fang Li" <fanky@gv.com.tw>, <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
dear jun,
do you have the patch to fix "non-coherent MIPS cache"?
thanks in advanced!:)

and thanks you all who reply to this so quickly:)
btw, i don't mean usb not function with linux mips kernel
i mean using the "hotplug"-usb
support(http://linux-hotplug.sourceforge.net/?selected=usb) with linux mips
kernel

for example, after we plug in usb cable with a mips board,
the mips kernel try to execute "/sbin/hotplug" shell script,
then kernel wait_for_complete() for "/sbin/hotplug" with spin_lock_irq(),
the do_execve() of "/sbin/hotplug" return 0(successfully),
however, wait_for_complete() never return,
then kernel is reseted by hardware watchdog(timeout 3 secs)

we already trace this problem over a month,
but still can't figure out is it a userland
problem(cross-compiler/shell(bash))
or a problem with linux mips kernel

best regards,