Re: usb hotplug function with linux mips kernel

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: usb hotplug function with linux mips kernel
From: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:54:44 -0800
Cc: ?? <kevin@gv.com.tw>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org, jsun@mvista.com
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 01:29:22PM +0100, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> Hello double questionmark ;-)
>
> On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 08:09:07PM +0800, ?? wrote:
>
> > anyone successfully using usb hotplug function with linux mips kernel?
> >
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-hotplug-devel&m=102954820511328&w=2
>
> There is nothing in the USB code that should be MIPS specific.  Despite
> what Tom suspects everything is fine.  32-bit kernel symbols always start
> with 0xffffffff and the value of usbdevfs_cleanup is an artefact of the
> function having been discarded by the linker.

Additional info:

USB has been working on MIPS for well over a year now.  There was a problem
early on due to non-coherent MIPS cache, but it was solved back then.

We have been using USB on global span IVR successfully.  Maybe there are
still some patches missing in linux-mips tree.  I will take a look later.

Jun