Re: EV64120 anybody?

To: Jon Burgess <Jon_Burgess@eur.3com.com>
Subject: Re: EV64120 anybody?
From: Dan Malek <dan@embeddededge.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 10:17:22 -0500
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Jon Burgess wrote:

I think this is the only example of support for a compressed
kernel image in the linux-mips.org code. There was the start of
some more generic support in the SF tree but I haven't
looked at it recently.

I've been doing lots of compressed kernel/initrd work recently
in the Alchemy Au1xxx kernels.  It's part of the SF stuff I'd
like to get into Ralf's tree one of these days so we stop having
different source pools.  IMHO, the MIPS initrd stuff is quite
broken, works only in a few very specific cases.  I have a more
generic version in the SF tree that would be nice to move forward
someday as well.

Most of this work was taken from the PowerPC and ARM versions
of compressing kernels and using initrd, so it looks familiar
to others that may venture out of MIPS-land. :-)

Thanks.

        -- Dan