Re: EV64120 anybody?

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: EV64120 anybody?
From: "Jon Burgess" <Jon_Burgess@eur.3com.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 14:52:25 +0000
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Ralf wrote:
> Does anybody still care about support for the EV64120?
> It's significant time since I last received a report about
> this board.  As it is at least the code in
> arch/mips/galileo-boards/ev64120/compressed is in a shape
> such that I cannot merge it with Linus, so that means
> either somebody who cares about this board is going
> to clean the code or I'm considering to do the rm -rf
> thing ...

I copied the approach in ev64120/compressed to implement a
compressed kernel in a product based on a different chip. Having
a compressed kernel image is fairly crucial for use in an
embedded system.

I think this is the only example of support for a compressed
kernel image in the linux-mips.org code. There was the start of
some more generic support in the SF tree but I haven't
looked at it recently.

Is the problem that the code is not generic, or are there some
other issues?

I cleaned up the code a bit to get it compile with the latest
tools when I copied it, but it is still not generic enough.

The misc.c #include "../../../../../lib/inflate.c' is a nasty
piece of coding.

     Jon