Enabling pthreads to use ll/sc instead of emulate_load_store_insn

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Enabling pthreads to use ll/sc instead of emulate_load_store_insn
From: Wayne Gowcher <wgowcher@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 19:52:34 -0800 (PST)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

I have an userland application that uses pthreads and
crashes with a segmentaion due to an "unaligned access
in function 'emulate_load_store_insn' ".

The processor is an r4k and the application is being
compiled with mips2 switch, which I thought would
allow it to generate the ll/sc instructions natively
and not have to generate system calls to emulate it.
I am guessing this is because the pthread library I
have is from the sgi ftp site and it was compiled for
mips1 ??

If someone has any insight into how to get libpthread
to use ll/sc instructions instead of the mips system
call I would really appreciate hearing from them.

Also if anyone can "put me straight" on what is
happening I'd equally appreciate it.

Wayne