Re: Problems generating shared library for MIPS using binutils-2.13...

To: "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill@realitydiluted.com>
Subject: Re: Problems generating shared library for MIPS using binutils-2.13...
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:06:50 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org, binutils@sources.redhat.com
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Steven J. Hill wrote:

> > Is every object or library mentioned on that line already marked as
> > MIPS-2 by readelf?  Even crt*, libc*?
> >
> I knew I was being stupid, crt* and libc* are mips1 *sigh*. Looks
> like I have more work to do for my build system. Below is the verbose
> output, but I think that's the problem for sure.

 Hmm, that's strange as a single mips2 object among mips1 ones should make
an executable/shared library be marked as mips2 and not mips1.  I wouldn't
worry in the long run, though, as I think this should be fixed in the
trunk as Richard Sandiford was working in these areas recently.  You might
want to do a verification to be sure, though.