Re: Once again: test_and_set for CPUs w/o LL/SC

To: "Gleb O. Raiko" <>
Subject: Re: Once again: test_and_set for CPUs w/o LL/SC
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:02:35 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: Johannes Stezenbach <>, "Kevin D. Kissell" <>,
On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Gleb O. Raiko wrote:

> Implement new sysmips then.

 I'm not sure if that's a good idea.  Glibc alone uses test_and_set(),
exchange_and_add(), atomic_add() and compare_and_swap().  Do you want a
separate syscall for each of these functions?  I think the ll/sc emulation
may be the best solution after all.  At least it's most flexible and not
much slower if at all.