Re: MIPS gas relaxation still doesn't work

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Subject: Re: MIPS gas relaxation still doesn't work
From: Alexandre Oliva <>
Date: 15 Oct 2002 21:16:40 -0300
Cc: "H. J. Lu" <>, "David S. Miller" <>,,,,
On Oct 15, 2002, "Maciej W. Rozycki" <> wrote:

>  I think at least for the former case gas should be let relax jumps and
> branches freely, so the ".set nomacro" statement should be moved to affect
> instructions in delay slots only, as you suggested.

Except that, with the current implementation of branch relaxation,
when you enable it, each branch will mark the end of a frag, so the
assembler will be effectively unable to fill delay slots anyway, since
it won't bring instructions from the previous frag to the beginning of
the new frag.

Alexandre Oliva   Enjoy Guarana', see
Red Hat GCC Developer                 aoliva@{,}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        oliva@{,}