Re: MIPS gas relaxation still doesn't work

To: Paul Koning <>
Subject: Re: MIPS gas relaxation still doesn't work
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 22:28:42 +0200 (MET DST)
On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Paul Koning wrote:

>  Jim> them as soon as possible.  Gcc should emit .set
>  Jim> nomacro/noreorder/noat/etc at the begining of its assembly
>  Jim> output, and never turn them on.
> Makes sense to me.  As an assembly language programmer, I do the same
> thing in handwritten code, for the same reasons.

 Hmm, how do you select right relocations that depend on the ABI selected?
A common macro like "lw $2,foo" may expand in three different ways
depending on which one of "-mabi=<o32|n32|64>" is used and other three
ones for "-KPIC", plus possibly more depending on other options or "foo"
itself.  Good luck handling it with "ifdefs".