Re: MIPS gas relaxation still doesn't work

To: "H. J. Lu" <>
Subject: Re: MIPS gas relaxation still doesn't work
From: Alexandre Oliva <>
Date: 14 Oct 2002 18:06:24 -0300
Cc: "David S. Miller" <>,,,,
On Oct 14, 2002, "H. J. Lu" <> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 05:20:55PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

>> If it tries to fill delay slots and fails, I doubt the assembler is
>> going to succeed at that.

> Is that a way to tell gcc not to fill the delay slots with nop? If gcc
> has nothing else to fill, do nothing and let gas do its thing.

See above.  You'd be just wasting time.  If you have a testcase in
which gcc tries to fill the delay slot and fails even though it could,
you've found a bug in gcc, and this bug should be fixed.  Wasting time
in the assembler trying again to do what gcc should have done is

Alexandre Oliva   Enjoy Guarana', see
Red Hat GCC Developer                 aoliva@{,}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        oliva@{,}