Re: 64-bit kernel patch.

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Subject: Re: 64-bit kernel patch.
From: Carsten Langgaard <carstenl@mips.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:44:32 +0200
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
"Maciej W. Rozycki" wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Carsten Langgaard wrote:
>
> > I have a number of patches for the o32 syscall wrapper/conversion
> > routines, which is needed when running a 64-bit kernel on an o32
> > userland.
> > Here is the first one. Ralf, could you please apply it, so I can send
> > the next one.
>
>  Do you have a fix for sys32_sendmsg/sys32_recvmsg as well?  I just
> started working on it and I'd prefer not to do a duplicate work.

Yes, that's exactly the next one, I will be sending.
So stay tuned.

>  As a side note -- arch/mips64/kernel/linux32.c is a huge collection of
> often unrelated functions.  It might be beneficial to split the file
> functionally, e.g. into fs32.c, net32.c, etc. or even with a finer grain,
> preferably in a subdirectory, e.g. arch/mips64/linux32/.  What do you
> think?

That's probably a good idea, but I would like to get my patches out first,
before splitting things up.

--
_    _ ____  ___   Carsten Langgaard   Mailto:carstenl@mips.com
|\  /|||___)(___   MIPS Denmark        Direct: +45 4486 5527
| \/ |||    ____)  Lautrupvang 4B      Switch: +45 4486 5555
  TECHNOLOGIES     2750 Ballerup       Fax...: +45 4486 5556
                   Denmark             http://www.mips.com